Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Church Cross - ready for a new season


Ed, Chase, Brandon and I completed our pre season preparation with the Church Cross practice race at a super secret location along the Des Plaines river trail.

Here is all you need to know about Team IC as we head into the 2010 season.

Ed - he flats a lot, but he should be fast once he learns to ride a little more delicately.

Brandon - He's fast. He has hardly raced at all this summer but he is going to come out of nowhere and surprise a lot of people.

Chase - This guy could be rookie of the year. If he knew how to pre-register for races, I would pick him to be the next Russ Kuryk in the cat 4A's.

Me (Ted) - I've spent a lot less time training for tri's this summer and spending that time cycling. I'm theoretically faster than I've ever been, recording new highs in my 1 min. and 5 min. power output in the past week. Unfortunately on a power profile chart that puts me just slightly above the level of an untrained slug. Racing savvy and bike handling are my forte anyway, but still, the power is better than last year.

Based on our team practices and late summer races, there's a whole bunch of other IC riders to watch out for. Look for Katie, Kristina, and Beebe to make big improvements this year.

2 comments:

  1. How does one go about joining team IC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to have skills. Nun chuck skills, computer hacking skills, cyclocross skills... you know, skills.

    ReplyDelete